The annual contracting volume in the Korean public procurement market amounts to about KRW 116.9 trillion and 66.8% or KRW 78.1 trillion were conducted via KONEPS in 2016 (according to PPS Korea Statistics in Dec. 2017).
Since 1997, PPS has streamlined procurement procedures and developed digitalized procurement system including e-tendering and e-shopping mall.
PPS is the first to adopt the electronic bidding system in KOREA and the fourth in the world
- EDI was introduced to all procurement process
- It is now conducting almost 88 %of all its transactions electronically.
- PPS electronic bidding system opened in November, 2000 has been used 54,400 times by 1,706 public organizations and 8.22 million suppliers.
- Especially 2002, the usage by public organizations has increased 13 times in the number of users and 52 times in the number of suppliers.
- PPS is the first to adopt the electronic bidding system in KOREA and the fourth in the world.
- PPS runs e-mall, a combination of EDI system and internet shopping mall.
- The total supplies procured through e-mall('01.3～'02.9) : 24,532 items including office supplies, Excellent Quality Products and cultural products etc, amounting to 7.7 trillion won(US$ 6.4 billion)
- About 92% of supplies which more than 24,000 public organizations requested have been procured through e-mall.
- Since last June, 158,015 times of e-Payment have been executed, amounting to 7.7 trillion won. And suppliers could get their payment within 4 hours after requesting the payment.